Perry Estate

Perry Estate Survey Results - HTML

Result Summary for Survey:Perry Estate Development Survey

Perry Estate Development Survey
1. Are you a Hancock Neighborhood Resident?
  answered question 103
 
skipped question
0
  Response
Percent
Response

Meeting Minutes for Perry Special Committee Meeting - 11-7-2012

Perry Special Committee Meeting Wednesday, November 7

Agenda for Perry Special Committee Meeting

Wednesday, 11-7-2012

Time and Place: 8:00 at the Hancock Rec. Center

1. 8:00 - Open communication on any non-agenda items

2. 8:05 - Review of Survey Results

3. 8:15 - Committee to have an open discussion with the developer’s attorney, Mr. David Hartman, regarding the following:
- Neighborhood feedback that has been received by the committee thus far via survey, emails, written position statements and oral statements made by neighbors at previous meetings.
- Pertinent, new information on the Sound and Traffic Analyses, if any is to be presented
- Possible Alternative Developments which the developer may pursue should he ultimately not be granted the change of use/zoning for the Perry Property
- Mr. Hartman is welcome to share his thoughts in general or any other pertinent information with the committee.

4. 8:35 - Mr. Hartman is asked to please leave at this point, and the Committee will discuss the Pros and Cons of agreeing to the Developer’s Request for neighborhood support to filing an amendment to the FLUM out of cycle. City Employees Carol Gibbs and Maureen Meredith will lead us in this discussion. We will also discuss precedence set by other neighborhoods and developers as it pertains to filing an amendment to the FLUM out of cycle.

5. 9:00 - Committee to discuss whether we have a unanimous recommendation to be presented to the general membership at the November 14th meeting regarding the amendment to the FLUM out of cycle. The committee will also lay out our meeting schedule through December, 2012.

6. 9:15 - Meeting Adjourned

Perry Committee Members: Reed Henderson, Rafi Anuar, Bart Whatley, Carolyn Palaima, Holly Noelke, Bruce Fairchild, Gay Ratliff, Linda Guerrero, Cody Coe

The Perry Estate Survey Is Now Closed

Thanks for your participation!

HDR Preliminary Traffic Analysis for Perry Estate Development - 10-17-12

Questions for Developer and Answers at Perry Committee Meeting - 10-17-12

Meeting Minutes for Perry Special Committee Meeting - 10-17-12

Perry Estate Survey Deadline Extended to October 31

The HNA Perry Estate Survey deadline has been extended to October 31, 2012. The survey is your opportunity to voice an opinion on the future use of the Perry Estate. The HNA Perry Estate Special Committee urges that you please read the background information and take the survey to provide your valuable input while there is still time to help shape Perry Estate development.

Click here to begin.

Perry Special Committee Meeting Wednesday, October 17

Reed Henderson is taking over the chairmanship of the Perry Special Committee from Bart Whatley. Bart resigned his chairmanship due to increasing professional obligations.

Agenda for Perry Special Committee Meeting Wednesday, 10-17-2012

Time and Place: 8:00 at the Hancock Rec. Center

1. 8:00 - Open communication on any non-agenda items

2. 8:05 - Introduction of Community and Regional Planning Program at UT

3. 8:10 - Review notes and minutes from prior meeting

4. 8:15 - 20 Minute Presentation of Proposed Plan by Clark Lyda

5. 8:35 - 30 Minute Q&A with Clark Lyda

Mr. Lyda is asked to please address the following:

a) What use do you propose for the Perry Mansion itself, other than the 5 hotel rooms?

b) Will you continue to use the chapel as a Religious Assembly? Will there be any other uses for the chapel?

c) Can you provide us any indication of the number, type, and size of the events you will need to host in order to meet your investment objectives for the "event center?" Particularly in the case of events held on weekends or in the evening…would they need to be held monthly? weekly? more often? Would the events be seasonal in any way, so that some times of year would be significantly more busy than others?

d) The last version of the original hotel-school proposal that we saw in late 2010 included an agreement that outdoor amplified sound would be disallowed. Why has that concession disappeared from the new proposal? Is outdoor amplified sound critical to the business model being proposed?

e) What are the sizes of the three distinct "zones" of the property -- west of Waller Creek, between Waller Creek and the interior stone wall, and between the wall and Red River? What percentages of the first two zones are within the floodplain?

f) Please discuss the parking layout for the project on both the upper and lower grounds

g) Please speak to projected improvements along 41st Street

Perry Committee Meeting, 10-3-2012, 8pm Hancock Recreation Center

The Perry Committee standard meeting dates are set for the first Wed and third Tuesday of the month at 8pm, when we have a need to meet. Neighbors are welcome to submit input to the committee in writing or or at meetings.
 
Agenda for the 10-3 HNA Perry Committee Meeting:
1. 8:00pm- Open communication on any non-agenda items
2. 8:05- Presentation from developer: Update regarding work with traffic and sound consultants that have been engaged. (Developer leaves after this agenda item)
3. 8:30- Discuss instruction from the 9-19-2012 full neighborhood meeting: October meeting to be convened by the by the Perry subcommittee and Clark Lyda to be invited to present at the first part of the meeting for a limited time to be determined by the subcommittee, after this time Development Team to excuse themselves so neighborhood can meet in private.
4. 8:40- Review status of survey, ways to further publicize, and close date
5. 8:50- Review top issues that need to be negotiated
6. 9:05- Discussion of whether it would be worthwhile to request a most directly affected neighbor (e.g., someone living adjacent to the Perry Estate) to give a short presentation (10-15 minutes) summarizing his/her views of the developer's proposal prior to the discussion by the neighborhood as a whole.  Thought is to have a "counterpoint" to balance Mr. Lyda's presentation.
7. 9:15- Discuss chair position- New chair, co-chairs, and/or rotating chair.
 
Perry Committee Members: Reed Henderson, Rafi Anuar, Bart Whatley, Carolyn Palaima, Holly Noelke, Bruce Fairchild, Gay Ratliff, Linda Guerrero, Cody Coe
 

Syndicate content