Minutes

HNA March 3 special meeting notes for HNA.pdf

HNA March 3 special meeting notes for HNA.docx

HNA Meeting Minutes for January 20, 2021

Minutes: HNA Regular Meeting; January 20, 2021

Call to Order: Hugh Bender

Treasurer’s Report:
Balance in Checking account is $4,200; Balance in Money Market account is $2,500

Parks Committee Report:
Texas Conservation Corp (TXCC) is scheduled to start work on February 22, 2021, with expected completion by March 12th of the repair and maintenance of the entire trail. We will be using STA-LOCK, a waxy epoxy-like material that hardens under pressure on grades higher than 5% for more stability and lower maintenance. Estimated cost approved in 2019 is $31,790.

In working with PARD and TXCC on this contract, the Parks Committee has laid the structure for an ongoing agreement with TXCC for long-term maintenance of the trail, which is the next step after the trail repair is completed. $100,000 has been committed from the HNA funds held at the Austin Parks Foundation for future payments on long-term maintenance.

Historic District Committee Report:
The district survey has been completed. There are 4 recommended historic districts in Hancock, yet to be announced.

Bylaws Special Committee Formed:
New special committee formed to review and make recommendations on HNA bylaws.

Introduction of new APD District Representative:
Will Harvey is the APD contact for the area that includes Hancock His contact information is:
Phone: 512-974-8123; Email: william.harvey@austintexas.gov

Update on IH-35 Redesign Plans:
Introduction of Brendan Wittstruck (email: brwittstruck@gmail.com) with the North Central I-35 Neighborhood Coalition, or NCINC2. It is a coalition of 11 neighborhood associations bordered by more than 3 miles of I-35, which includes Hancock. Information on their mission and TxDOT’s plans can be found at: https://www.ncinc.org/ .

Election of Officers for 2021
Running unopposed and voted in by consent:
President: Coan Dillahunty
Treasurer: Bruce Fairchild
Secretary: Robyn Ross
By vote:
Vice President: Bart Whatley
(Vote: Bart=67; Ella=51)

https://www.hancockna.org/www/content/hna-meeting-minutes-janauary-20-20...
https://www.hancockna.org/www/content/hna-meeting-minutes-january-20-202...

HNA Meeting Minutes - January 20, 2021.pdf

HNA Meeting Minutes - Janauary 20, 2021.docx

hna-meeting-minutes-200115.pdf

HNA Meeting Minutes for July 17, 2019

Hancock Neighborhood Association Meeting Minutes July 17, 2019

Agenda

  1. CodeNEXT is Not Dead

    The first item on the agenda was a presentation by Barbara McArthur on the current CodeNEXT directives, with specific focus on the proposed “transition zones.” These zones could greatly alter the fabric of Austin neighborhoods, particularly the Central core neighborhoods.  See attachments. (You might also look at the August issue of Hyde Parks Pecan Press which has a well-written summary of the proposed zones.  (http://www.austinhydepark.org/pecan-press)

    Barbara McArthur’s slide presentation https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P_lr7z-LKXWhyEYF2JmqPyPMWgPk9cie/view

    See Neighborhood Alert, July 17, 2019 on HNA website page.

  2. A vote on resolution to support the rezoning of 3805 Red River and to Amend the Future Land Use Map

    Alyson McGee, Preservation Austin Board member, confirmed that Preservation Austin had purchased the historic home at 3805 Red River, and Preservation Austin would restore and repair it to its original condition. PA would like HNA to support its application to rezone the property from residential use to light office. This rezoning would also require HNA to amend its FLUM-future land use map. Because the land development code is being revised and current zoning terminology-light office, for example, might not exist in the revised Code, Mike Hebert suggested that a restrictive covenant defining the uses of the home and property be agreed to by HNA and Preservation Austin. Thus, rather than vote on a resolution supporting the rezoning, a motion was made by Mary Sanger and unanimously passed to have HNA’s zoning committee meet with Preservation Austin and discuss details of a restrictive covenant governing the uses of the property.  The Zoning Committee will report back to the Association at its September meeting.

  3. Update on Hancock Local Historic District by Terri Myers

    The Committee is nearing completion of a condensed version of the 168 questions asked by attendees at the May 29 meeting hosted by the City Preservation Office at Trinity Church.  The condensed version will be posted on the website in the near future.  All 168 Q/As from the City Preservation Office are already posted and will remain in place for easy reference for those wishing to consult both.  As other questions are raised, they will be posted as well at http://www.hancocklhd.com.

    A number of attendees of the May 29 meeting asked that a second presentation be provided (first one on March 7, 2019) on basic information about historic districts, their impact on the neighborhood, on residents and on property owners. As a result, the LHD Committee is organizing a follow up meeting for the fall.  Additional informational sessions are being considered as well.  Watch for further announcements here and on the LHD website. Please also be aware that the PowerPoint program about historic districts from the March 7 meeting is available at http://www.hancocklhd.com.  There is good information to be found there.

    The Committee is also seeking volunteers to serve as block or area captains to help with district educational outreach.  Volunteers are needed from different areas of the neighborhood, including the 32nd/Harris Park/Harris Street area, Hampton area, Carolyn/Texas/Montrose area, east of Red River in the 38th St. area, the area north of HEB, Park Blvd., and others. If you have a yen for talking to your neighbors about an historic district, getting feedback, providing information, please contact us by going to Hancock’s local historic district website: http://www.hancocklhd.com See the contact tab.

    Block captains are needed for each area. We look forward to hearing from you!  -- The LHD Committee

https://www.hancockna.org/www/content/hna-meeting-minutes-july-17-2019docx
https://www.hancockna.org/www/content/hna-meeting-minutes-july-17-2019pdf

HNA meeting Minutes, July 17, 2019.pdf

HNA meeting Minutes, July 17, 2019.docx

Syndicate content